Is your PC riddled with error messages?
Have you found your computer to display numerous error messages after installing System Defragmenter? Perhaps the very program you installed to fix hard drive fragmentation issues and improve computer performance is actually now causing you many more problems instead and that this is now eating away into your precious time and productivity. Are you desperately looking for a way to remove the dreaded System Defragmenter? You’re in the right place, because this website contains all you need to know about this virus and how it can be effectively and comprehensively removed from your system once and for all.
What is the System Defragmenter?
It is a malware program which describes itself as a hard drive defragmenter that instead takes over your computer, creates a large number of problems and tries to scare you into purchasing this program in order to fix the very issues it has been creating. It masquerades as a legitimate optimization program which is supposed to scan your hard disk for problems including hard drive read errors, fragmentation, data integrity, registry problems and driver issues in order to improve performance and stability. In fact, it has been designed by hackers in order to scare you into paying for a full program. It also poses a security risk regarding your valuable data, which can be very costly to rectify.
System Defragmenter blocks essential Windows features, continually pop up on your screen with error messages and show numerous alarming fake alerts. You will find it difficult to launch executable on your PC because the program will proclaim that these files are corrupted, effectively disabling your system. It alerts you with false warnings on system malfunction, residing on your windows taskbar. Problems it describes include critical hardware problems such as missing hard drives and overheating RAM as well as fragmentation issues, registry problems and every kind of scaremongering message it can think of. What you have to realize is that the scan and proposed solution are misleading scare tactics designed to pressure you into purchasing the program to make money for these hackers while they damage your system. This guide explains how to effectively remove System Defragmenter from your system, ensuring that this otherwise persistent program doesn’t rear its ugly head over and over again.
How to remove the System Defragmenter virus?
System Defragmenter can be removed manually following these steps carefully:
- Close all the programs you are working on and then go to the Start Menu, to the Control Panel and to the Add/Remove Programs list.
- Locate System Defragmenter and click it to remove.
- Restart your computer.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to the process tab. Close every process related to this virus.
- If the program is no longer visible on your desktop, go to Start Menu, type ‘regedit’ to open the Windows registry editor and click OK.
- Search through the registry for every instance of System Defragmenter and delete each relevant key, making sure that you do not delete essential system files as it may destabilize your system instead.
- Remove the directories where the virus installs itself on your computer:
If you are unsure about editing your registry or the many other steps required and wish to avoid problems, then Xoft Anti Spyware could be the perfect tool for you, automating the process and removing registry entries and spywares thoroughly, reliably and safely. This will ensure that it is removed from your system.
Step by step removal guide with Xoftspy Anti Spyware
Using Xoftspy Anti Spyware to remove System Defragmenter is a very simple process.
- Scan your computer for the offending program.
- Follow the guided process to remove System Defragmenter.
Simple. Best of all use Xoftspy Anti Spyware for all your other spyware needs too, as it reliably deals with an incredible 95% of infections.